I'M IN A BOOK!!!! Also- CONTEST!!!!! WIN SOMETHING!!!!


Hello Everybody! I'm so excited to be included in PUSH Stitchery: 30 Artists Explore the Boundaries of Stitched Art, edited by my dear friend and boss-man Jamie Chalmers, known fondly as MrXStitch. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to do a contest!

So here are the rules-
1. To participate, you must submit ONE photo of ONE piece. The work can be new or old. It will be judged solely on originality. That's it. Don't send in derivative work. I'm looking for work that is truly unique. Photos must be clear. They don't need to be professionally shot or anything fancy, but they do need to be in focus and well lit. I need to know what I'm looking at! Please include the title, materials, medium, and dimensions.
2. Your submission must also include an essay, no more that 750 words, on why your work is awesome. Not your job/work but your artwork. Don't hold back! Be fearless and honest!

I will be accepting submissions through the entire month of September. The contest will close at 12AM Pacific Time on October 1st. Submissions should be sent to me at donkeywolf@gmail.com. The subject line should read "Push Contest".

The winner will receive a signed copy of PUSH Stitchery, and have their essay and piece featured on Donkeywolf, Feeling Stitchy, and MrXStitch. Two runner ups will receive a mystery goodie from me, and have their pieces featured on Donkeywolf, Feeling Stitchy, and MrXStitch.

That's it! I really hope I get millions of submissions, I love seeing your work and reading about what makes it tick!
EDIT- Der. This contest is for stitchy stitchers. Mixed media stitching is fine.

Comments

Popular Posts