What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Friday, April 29, 2011

Portrait

Alexandra Walters from Self-Guided Art Therapy just finished this portrait of me. Here's the photo I stole from her website.

I can't talk to much about it, because it makes me have lots of feelings and I'll get emotional about how amazing it is and what an honor it is to be made thread by one of my favorite artists and heroes, and how she said as she was working on it she was thinking about the phrase "Owl-eyed Athena", which you know throws me into full on classics tizzy, and really, I just can't believe anyone I look up to would want to spend much time studying my dumb ol' face, and it's kind of a heady feeling. 

You should probably just go over to her blog and read the description while I blow my nose and dab my eyes. Allergies. Really. 

Then you could come back over here and read my interview with her and be awestruck.

2 comments: