What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Love that I can ask you guys anything

And you're always so good with the information. How cool is it that I can ask the internet the question, and I get a real answers from people who know what they're talking about? Amazing.

Anyways-
I'm going to be tail spinning some mohair locks to weave with. This is new territory for me. I'm thinking I might use it for a rug. I'm also thinking I might use a Finn/BFL blended core so it will felt a bit and really hold those locks. (It is going to get walked on after all) Or is that nutso?

Anyway, my REAL question is, how does something like this hold up? Has anyone made anything like this? Do the little locks fuzz into puffs after a month or so of foot traffic, or do they tend to keep their shape?
Also-
How do you set the twist with tail spun yarn? (Soak/slap/ect) Does that affect the locks? Is a tailspun/corespun yarn ever really balanced? I mean, it's basically a single, OR IS IT because the core is the opposite twist of the finished yarn? These are mysteries.

I know these are a lot of questions, and I know they're unorganized. Any insight would be helpful.

In other news, we made pine cone peanut butter bird feeders today. It was hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think the locks will stay locks in a rug. i have seen tailspun chair cushions but they were almost felted after loads of use. still they looked cool, but i might use icelandic or something primitive looking anyway rather than mess up the perfect, sparkly mohair locks.

    i think tailspun will hold up in a wearable that is gently cared for. i'm pretty sure that corespun is still considered a single, so it's true that it isn't ever really balanced, but i kind of stopped worrying about that a long time ago. if it's set (i usually soak and hang to dry) (and blocking will help too) it works for me, although i'm not picky.

    so many mysteries, it is true. can't wait to see what the people who know what they are talking about will say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always one of my top go-to ladies for info! This is helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete