What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

"pulitzer for you too." -John Lurie

Monday, July 12, 2010

Doing Stuff

I can't even believe it's July.
I decided to take advantage of the weather and make chicken stock and knit a sweater. I was half watching last night's True Blood and carefully counting my increases when I heard a CRASH! on my front porch. I opened the door to find this. 


THANKS U.P.S. GUY! Awesome job! 
Anyway I opened it up to find my new Strauch drum carder! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
That's the sound I made. 

So there she is, along with my first batt. You know what I love? That this came nearly fully assembled. I am lazy, and "assembly required" means that it's going to sit in my studio for 3 months before I even look at the directions.  I have had a strict policy for skipping assemblies since Jr. High. Also awesome, this comes with something called a "Knuckle Saver" that you use to remove the batt. I sure wish my Strauch hand cards had come with a knuckle saver. 

Anyway, YAY! 
I have another question for my fellow fiber nerds, approximately, how many ounces of fiber should I be feeding into this thing to produce one batt? Any idea? I know I shouldn't cram stuff in there, and I'm sure I'm being a little conservative with the amount. 

4 comments:

  1. You have to let me know if this thing is as awesome of a sex toy as it looks like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there!

    from what I can see you should do fine with 2-3 ounces of fiber, maybe even a bit more (like.. 3.5 oz), thanks to the awesome packing brush thingy you have there :D

    hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That helps a ton! Thank you! I had no idea where to even start!

    ReplyDelete