What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

"pulitzer for you too." -John Lurie

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Holy Cow! I mean... Sheep! Er... Goat! (Part One)


Mr. Murder and I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Fest. Now I know all the devotees out there will cry "Rhinebeck!", but for me, nothing beats a well stocked wooly wonderland 20 minutes from my house.

This was my first fiber festival. Usually, I buy batts and roving online, and geographically, I've never lived close enough to a festival to make the trip. So... we went a little crazy stocking up.

I ended up with two 5lbs bags of mohair locks, 4.5lb of Navajo Churro batts, 3lbs of baby Llama, hand cards, and a new top whorl spindle.

I know. It's a sickness. Buuuut, I spent about a fourth of what I would have spent if I had purchased this online.

Tomorrow I'll do the rundown on vendor information and photos of animals and fiber, but right now I can't focus on anything except this baby llama and my hay fever.

Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment