What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry Campers

This has been a slow bloggy month due to Papa's (Johnny Murder) back surgery, but I promise I've got some treats going up soon including a couple of free patterns!
Thanks to everyone who sent sweet thoughts and kind words our way, it worked, and John's recovering nicely! He should be home by Wednesday. Please head over to MANBROIDERY and leave him a sweet feel better comment, it would really make his day!


Also, Providence Hospital in Portland is AWESOME. Full menu room service till midnight, free parking, friendly and accessible staff, cable TV, patient led pain management, and they put a bed in the room for me! John's never gonna want to come home!

8 comments:

  1. I left a comment there but I will here too! Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am quite happy to read that higns are goign well for ya'll. That is one swank ass hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear John's recovery is going well. :) I know I didn't comment before the surgery (my bad!), but I've kept you guys in my thoughts and sent good vibes your direction. :) :)

    Yay for full menu room service til midnight! That's way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for updating us, I have had you both on my mind nonstop! I am glad that he is on his way to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Johnny's back feels good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! We both appreciate the well wishes, and John's starting to feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Penny, firstly I am sorry to hear about your husband's surgery and I've popped over and left him some good wishes xx

    About the natural dyeing. All my experiments (so far) with the natural dyes are without using a mordant of any kind. The results are delicate and pretty. I shall repeat the experiments later using mordanted fabrics so I can compare them, out of interest

    I was pleased to hear from you and if you are interested I am going to be posting some vibrant yellows I got with my dyes (probably tomorrow or Saturday)

    Sending best wishes to you and hubby xx
    Carolyn

    LOVE STITCHING RED

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're married to MANBROIDERY? life at your house must be so awesome! Glad everything went well! Wishing a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete