What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Monday, June 1, 2009

Naughty Adventures in Fabric!

Ohhhhhhh. I just finished this, and I'm really pleased with how it came out. It's an erotic quilted fortune teller, containing quotes from Delta Of Venus by Anais Nin. The exterior is yellow wood grain cotton, with hand embroidered numbers, colors, and quotes... "Her hand held a whip with regal assurance," and "Do you want to see how we make love when we feel lazy?" Eight quotes in all. The lining is a beautiful yellow and blue printed damask.
I love that these are called "Fortune Tellers," try your luck, you naughty couples! I also love that they're called "Cootie Catchers." Uh-Oh.
I'll be making more, and this one is up in my Etsy shop.


Quilted Fortune Teller
Quilted Fortune Teller

11 comments:

  1. your work is pretty much my favor-ite, right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,
    I cannot help myself, I have to laugh out loud at the cleverness in this piece. You are certainly clever and well skilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny,
    This is one of the funniest and most clever pieces I have ever seen. I think I will be one of your fans for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats fantastic! love it.. I remeber making the paper ones in high school and writing epicly tragic fortunes and fictions to go inside. brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to do one with The Art of War by Sun Tzu, get epic!
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaand...BLOGGED! http://www.feelingstitchy.com/2009/06/embroidered-fortune-teller.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jenny! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea and fantastic execution!

    ReplyDelete