What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Impulse Buy!

I have a serious fiber problem. It's really out of control. Example: When I found out the Malabrigo mill burnt down, I immediately got online a bought *embarrassed cough* dollars of yarn. I'm bad with roving too. So bad, I almost always buy by the pound. Ounces do nothing for me. Currently I have three pounds of silk (down from six), and two pounds of Blue Faced Leicester. Pounds might make sense if I used a wheel, but nope, I'm a Luddite when it comes to tools, and a bit of a masochist. Spinning a thousand yards on a high whorl spindle is no mean feat. So anyway, I broke my only "by the pound rule" when I saw 7 ounces of beautiful Merino Wool, Tussah Silk and Alpaca blended into gorgeous batts. I couldn't stand it! I immediately clicked over to www.spinknitandlife.etsy.com
and snatched it up. I highly recommend buying from her. Her products are beautiful and very reasonably priced. Also, I put my order in Friday, and I had the package in my hot little hands on Monday! Lightning Fast!
I'm in love!
Here it is so far, long draw, two ply. It is such a joy to spin, I can't put it down! I'm almost finished! Also, she sent me a little extra goodie of Alpaca and BFL blended together. I love that story.
Anyway, you can also find Phyllis at her blog, Spin, Knit and Life. She's really friendly!
If there's any other spindle spinners out there with a Flickr account, I've got a group called Drop it Like it's Hot Spindles. Go there and drool!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Penny for your very kind words. It's a pleasure to sell fiber to someone that obviously enjoys spinning. You have done a wonderful job spinning the fiber.
    I really like the way that you wind the yarn onto the spindle shaft. It looks like a criss-cross. I'll try that. Your way looks much neater.
    Happy spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found you Phillis! I love that fiber, it spun like a dream! I wind my yarn like you would on a nostepinne or the way a ball winder works. Kind of like I'm winding a center pull ball. I've found that I'm able to keep more yarn on the spindle, and it's less unruly.
    Can't wait to visit your shop again!

    ReplyDelete