What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

"pulitzer for you too." -John Lurie

Friday, April 3, 2009

Work(s) in Progress

Yay! Werner and Klaus found a new home! They are going to be living with Alexis and Ken!
Alexis is an amazing perfumer, (see her store here) and Ken is a fancy time artist. (See his work here.)
Hopefully those two can keep them from throttling each other.
So, now I only have five WIPs going on.
1. Django Reinhardt Commemretive stamp embroidered on a cowboy shirt for Mr. Joseph Butcher. He's the handsome one playing peddle steel here and the handsome tall one in the back here. He knows I'm in love with him. It's cool. He and my husband and best friends, and Johnny's in love with him too.
Django Reinhardt
Django for JoJo

2. Another Frenemies stamp set that been commissioned as a stand alone piece. I want it to be huge, so I think it's going into a quilting hoop.

3. Socks for my brother.
Socks for my Brother
4. Socks for me.
socks for me

5. Two headed rabbit that's kicking my ass. It starts out like this...
IMG_3083
Totally uggo and knit intuitively by me, and then after fulling will magically turn into this...
2 headed bunny
And then after all that work, all the whiny-whinersons bitch about how much I have to price it at. Boo.

Ohhh! I was interviewed yesterday for Feeling Stitchy! I sound like a pretentious art fag, but that's cool. I can't wait to see what they do with it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Aubrey! I really like the new bird you posted on your blog. I saw the link to the Myth birds site. You should do a Audubon Myth Bird field guide!

    ReplyDelete