What People Are Saying About Penny

"I like to think of you as a high priced call girl that the unwashed masses can't afford--like Woody Allen's Whore of Mensa. It's not your fault that people offer $10 blowjobs on the street corner. It's not an insult if somebody doesn't buy your art." -Alexandra J Walters

"Once Penny was making her own silk thread, and a midget appeared. Before he could open his ugly mouth, without looking up, she exclaimed, 'Rumpelstiltskin. Now get the fuck out of here.' Fairytale Over."- Beth Featherstone

"Penny can push a needle through a telephone pole without a thimble." -Shane Blaufuss

"When a man asked Penny, 'What’s the meaning of life?' She looked at him for exactly 3 minutes, completely still, until he cried. That man’s name was Steve Jobs."- Beth Featherstone

"A demon from the pits of bitch cunt." -W.C. Hurst

Monday, March 30, 2009

BFFs, Part One

Finally Finished!
Herzog1
IMG_3095
I finished Kinski pretty quickly, but Herzog just took me forever to get done. I really lost steam with him, which is funny because he's probably the only celebrity I would stalk relentlessly. Anyway, this is the first set of a series I'm doing on Best Friends, Bitter Rivals. I designed the fake commemorative stamps and hand embroidered them. The completed piece measures 18"x18" inches, with pearl snap closures.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out! *March 31st- Sold to this awesome man.
Here's some awesome footage of these two playing nice.

2 comments:

  1. Penny your woks are stunning!! you made me rediscover embroidery and now I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That means the world to me, your blog is such an inspiration.
    Even though my Italian is terrible, I still read your blog every day! :)
    P.S. Love Love Love the dinner plate wall pieces.

    ReplyDelete